Search This Blog

Sunday, March 17, 2013

cake it away

As such a lover of almost all food, I sometimes think the hardest thing is figuring the right portions. As hard as it is for me to portion my fruits (I just can't get enough of them), when I do indulge, portion is key. I am totally unopposed to eating sweets as long as they're in moderation (although sometimes my friends make fun of me because they don't believe that I eat any sugar). I especially think eating sweets on special occasions is completely understandable and - quite honestly - necessary.

So this post is just a reminder that even if you're trying to be healthy, there is no need to cut anything out completely! Small portions are totally fine! Here is a recipe for two cupcakes. That's right, just two! It's a super easy recipe (I found on Pinterest) that you can use for various occasions. Today I made these cupcakes for one of my friends whose birthday is tomorrow. I know in addition to her birthday cake and all other baked goods she receives, a whole batch of cupcakes is too much. So I thought baking two would be good enough. Doesn't everyone say quality over quantity anyway?

You can use this recipe though for a night that maybe you just want to indulge a little bit, but not be tempted by 23 other cupcakes surrounding you. Or you may want a nice dessert for a date night without having too many left overs (can I even say that "too much" exists when it comes to cupcakes?). No matter what, this easy recipe may come in handy, and I thought I would share it with you.


Here's what you need:
1 egg white
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup flour
1/4 heaping tsp baking powder
pinch salt
1 1/2 tbsp milk

1. Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl, whisk together egg white and sugar. Add in vanilla and butter and stir until mixed. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk.


2. Divide batter equally between 2 cupcake liners.


3. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cupcakes turn a bit brown and the cake is set.

I added sprinkles to mine because I wasn't going to put frosting on. 
4. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment