Search This Blog

Saturday, December 8, 2012

skinny dipping

Not really, don't worry.

But today I made myself a great quesadilla and dipped it in this new salsa we bought, and it was the perfect midday snack.

Salsa's a fantastic snack, because it's packed with vegetables, and really not much else. This salsa's from Target, it's the Black Bean and Roasted Pepper salsa by Archer Farms. I didn't think it was so spicy at all (even though it's marked Medium) but nonetheless it was delish. It's definitely just a more interesting mix of flavors than just the average salsa, and I wanted to share this purchase.



The other day when I got home from school I wanted some salsa, and what I did rather than taking out the bag of Tostito's (because I know once I eat one, I just want to keep eating and eating until the bag is done) I cut up a whole wheat tortilla into smaller triangular pieces and toasted them until they were crunchy. You could even melt some cheese on the "chips" and then dip them in the salsa if you wanted!

But today what I did was I made a quesadilla for myself. I was hungry, and with the vegetables and cheese as well as the salsa, it was more of a filling mini-meal for me. It was also pretty quick and easy to make, which is good because today's my best friend's birthday (happy birthday Lindsay!) and I've been in and out of the house doing various fun things with her. (See below picture for a small preview of the manicure I got this morning!)


Here's what you'll need:
a whole wheat tortilla
shredded cheese (I use cheddar and mozzarella + a few slices of horseradish cheese)
vegetables (today I just put peppers, but you can put avocado, beans, corn, etc)
spices (my usual spice blend: chili powder, cayenne, paprika)

1. Put cheese on one side of the tortilla, then put everything else on top. Sprinkle spices.


2. Fold tortilla and bake in a toaster oven for about 5 minutes or until brown and crispy.


3. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment