Search This Blog

Thursday, December 26, 2013

a recipe that really pops

The other night I had a babysitting job, and I knew that once the girls were asleep and I was doing my work I would want a snack. I decided to try a new popcorn recipe; a quick and easy guilt-free snack! 

Coconut oil is good for so many things! It benefits in hair care, skin care, stress relief, maintaining cholesterol levels, weight loss, increased immunity, proper digestion and metabolism, relief from kidney problems, heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes, HIV and cancer, dental care, and bone strength. Coconut oil also helps in brain function and is associated with Alzheimer's treatment. Cinnamon is good for lowing LDL cholesterol and enervating headaches. Hot sauces are also a good addition to any foods (I put hot sauce on everything - I even keep extra packets in my wallet!) Because of the spicy sensation, most people tend to eat hot foods slower, it can speed up your metabolism, and a lot of flavor is matched with very few calories! 




Here's what you'll need:
yields 2 servings
2 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
2 tsp Sriracha 
1 tsp cinnamon

1. Heat coconut oil over medium heat. Once melted, stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, Sriracha, and popcorn. 




2. Cover and shake pot constantly. This keeps the sugar from burning. (WARNING: Be careful when opening the lid at any time, the kernels will pop and the oil may splatter - everything is hot!!)




3. When the popping slows to once every 2-3 seconds, remove the pot from the heat and continue to shake for a few minutes.

4. Enjoy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment