Search This Blog

Friday, November 8, 2013

a-peeling breakfast

This week I have off from school (yay!!), so I've been relaxing a lot and trying new things in the kitchen. The other day my friend and I tried making quinoa sushi, and, well, it didn't really work out. We used this recipe, and the original post seemed to be a success.. but our sushi looked as if it was on steroids and the quinoa didn't seem to suffice as the sticky rice substitute. Regardless, the sushi tasted great, and if you're feeling adventurous and in the mood to cut the vegetables into the thin strips (which takes quite a bit of time), then go for it!

Anyway, this morning I started a new 28-day workout plan, and I'm really excited about it! (If it's a good one I'll definintely let you guys know!) My friend Zoe, who's amazing at whipping up delicious recipes, told me the other day about what she eats after her workout and I wanted to try it out too. I woke up this morning and after my workout, tried out her peanut butter and banana quesadillas. Zoe usually makes it with peanut butter and jelly, but since I'm not much of a jelly fan, I substituted a litle bit of Nutella.

After a workout, it's good to eat a combination of carbohydrates and protein to allow your body to replenish the energy storage in your body and to build and repair your muscles.  This recipe has a perfect combination of both and is filling enough to get you energized and ready for the rest of your day!


Here's what you need:
yields 1 quesadilla
1 whole wheat tortilla
approx. 1 small spoonful of Nutella
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
1 medium-sized banana

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread a thin layer of Nutella on the tortilla. (You only need a little just to add a bit of sweetness because once the quesadilla is heated, the small portion of Nutella will melt and spread everywhere.) Spread a layer of peanut butter on top of that of the Nutella. Place coins of banana on one side of the tortilla.







2. Bake on one side for 5 minutes. Flip quesadilla, and bake for 5 more minutes.



3. Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment