Search This Blog

Friday, April 5, 2013

going bananas!

Now that Passover is over and I'm back into the swing of my kitchen concoctions, I've been printing new recipes and making shopping lists so that I can start making all the newest recipes I found over spring break that I couldn't make because of the holiday. It made me a little crazy not making anything for over a week, but with limited ingredients that are Kosher for Passover, and even more limited supplies and appliances for the holiday, I wasn't really able to experiment much.

Which is why yesterday when I got home from school I was insistent on trying something new. I scavenged for whatever food we had in the pantry (my family cleared out a lot of the non-Kosher for Passover food before the holiday), and I decided on another banana-based snack. I spent a lot of my down time over spring break last week looking up new recipes and scrolling through Pinterest, and I came across this recipe of banana popsicles

This recipe is perfect for the mood I've been in lately. I'm pretty sick of winter (aren't we all?) and I have been in a sort of denial that spring hasn't really sprung yet. I've been trying not to wear my boots anymore, I already brought out my jean jacket and boat shoes, and I even went running outside the other day in just a t-shirt and leggings (which was a little bit of a mistake.. my hands and arms were freezing!) It's pretty evident though that I have gone a bit bananas after all these cold winter months, and this spring-time snack fits right in with my thought-process. If I pretend that it's spring for long enough, at some point spring will be here.. right?

Here's what you'll need:
2 bananas (either frozen or fresh - I only had one fresh banana left, but I had a frozen banana too so I used both in this recipe)
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla 
1 tsp cinnamon

1. Add all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth. 



2. Distribute into popsicle molds (or if you don't have them, into paper cups and add a popsicle stick and tinfoil on top).



3. Freeze for at least 4-6 hours. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment