Search This Blog

Sunday, February 17, 2013

let me taco 'bout it

After many days of struggling whispers and cracking voices, my voice is pretty much back to normal. I'm very happy that I can resume my shower concerts and endless talking, which of course started with my friends last night. We decided to have another potluck dinner last night; it's a really great way to all have great food without having to put all the pressure and work on one person. Plus somehow it seems me and my friends always revolve everything around food.

Anyway, I learned from last time that with so much good food, it's very easy to fill up fast. Last time, we never made it to dessert because for the rest of the night we were so full from dinner. So this time, I made dessert, but I made fruit tacos - a lighter, but still delicious way to end the night.

The cool thing about this is that you can make them however you want and fill them with all kinds of fruit and other toppings of you wish as well. I found the recipe in Pinterest, and besides the actual chocolate tacos, what you put inside the taco is all up to you. I went with strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, mango, and kiwi. With a little whipped cream on top, it was a pretty perfect dessert if you ask me. Between the 7 of us, we downed all the fruit pretty quickly.


Here's what you'll need:
For the tacos: 
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup coconut oil
4 tbsp agave
1 1/2 cup warm water

For the fruit fillers: (this was enough for 7 people)
2 mangoes
6 kiwis
1 carton strawberries
1 carton blueberries
1 carton blackberries
whipped cream

1. In a large bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder.


2. Then add coconut oil, agave, and warm water and mix until a ball of dough has formed.


3. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead for a few minutes.


4. Cut the dough in half, then cut it again until you have 16 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and let it sit for 10 minutes.


5. Heat a cast iron skillet. Do not add oil to the skillet.

6. On a floured surface, roll the dough into 16 circles about 1/4 inch thick. Add one round of dough to the skillet at a time, and cook for 30 seconds per side.




7. If you're not eating the tacos immediately after making them, reheat them in the over for 5-10 minutes wrapped in tin foil before serving.

8. Enjoy with all your favorite fruits!! (and friends)




No comments:

Post a Comment