Search This Blog

Saturday, January 19, 2013

I'm on a roll

Today marks 1 week until I take the SATs again, plus midterms are coming up this week too. So I woke up today and immediately got to work in order to accomplish everything I wanted to. So far I've managed to finish The Hobbit (finally), study quite a bit, and experiment in the kitchen. The best part is, I've managed to do all of it without getting out of my pajamas (it's 4:30 right now). What can I say? I'm on a roll today.
I had found a recipe to make homemade fruit roll ups on Pinterest during the summer, but my mom suggested waiting for a day in the winter when it's cold out to make it. It has to stay in the oven for a while, so we may as well wait until winter. That totally made sense to me, and today just seemed like the perfect day to make them. I knew I was going to be home all day doing work anyway.

What's great about this recipe is that surprisingly, it's pretty good for you! All it is is fruit (which you can pick what fruit to put in) and honey. It's super simple, and really delicious! The only draw back is the amount of waiting time while it's in the oven.


Here's what you'll need:
8 ounces of strawberries
6 ounces of blueberries
1 tsp honey (unless it needs a little more sweetness)

1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Blend the berries into a thick liquid. Add honey and blend again.



2. Pour the liquid onto a non-stick surface and spread the liquid around until it's about 1/8 inch thick.





3. Keep in the oven for 3 hours, then take out and let cool for a few minutes. Then flip it over carefully and put it back in the oven for another hour.


4. Take out of the oven and let it cool for a bit. Then cut it up into slices, or however you want to cut it up. Enjoy!!



You can also roll them up in waxed paper!


No comments:

Post a Comment