Search This Blog

Saturday, January 5, 2013

batter try this one!

I was in the mood for a good breakfast this morning, and no one else in my house wanted to have pancakes with me, so I Googled single serving pancakes and found this (I also really like this website now, because with the recipe it has a lot of information about the nutrition aspects of it). I decided if I was the only one eating these, I may as well try a new kind of healthy, from-scratch pancakes. Anyway, these pancakes were fairly simple (although I'm not a pancake flipping pro) and they came out pretty delicious!

What's good about these pancakes is that the recipe is for one serving, and they're filling enough that I was not left hungry (I also ate an apple on the side), but I was limited to all that I could make with the batter. Good portion control. There's really not much sugar in here (only some from the soy milk) and I used some whole wheat flour instead of using only all-purpose flour (but they came out a little doughy because of that). And thanks to the information posted with the recipe, I can let you know that there's 10g protein and 2.8g fiber.

Because I can never eat pancakes alone and we didn't have any berries in my house this morning, I settled (happily) for Craisins and white chocolate chips to put on top of the pancakes.



Here's what you'll need:
1/2 cup flour (I used about 1 tbsp whole wheat and the rest all-purpose)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl, then pour in vanilla and milk. Mix until combined.





2. Pour onto a skillet (I prepped it with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter) and flip when bubbles emerge on the sides.


3. Top with whatever your heart desires. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment