Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

drinking too much coffee causes a latte problems

Yesterday ended all the traveling I've done for the summer, and as great as the places I went were, I'm happy to be home. The main journey of my summer was to Israel, the first time I've visited another country! Now that I'm home though I've brought back a lot of recipes with the Mediterranean style which I really liked while I was there!

SPOILER: In Israel they eat a lot of vegetables (my favorite), so get ready for plenty of new Mediterranean dishes coming up!

One of the not-so-healthy treats that I loved to get while I was in Israel though was their iced coffee. Instead of just making coffee and sticking ice cubes in it, Israeli iced coffee is more of a slushy type drink. There's one chain of cafes (I would sort of compare it to Panera Bread) called Aroma and they have the best iced coffee in Israel.


Now that I'm home and missing the delicious drink, I tried making my own version of it. Of course it's not as perfectly sweet because I didn't add all the sugar in, but it tastes good and it's easy to make! Plus I'm still trying to enjoy the last bits of summer, and this frozen coffee is perfect for my denial that summer is ending.

 I'm not a huge coffee drinker because I don't let myself drink it so much - I don't want to get hooked on it (because I know I will!) not yet at least! There are a lot of benefits from coffee though. It can help with both long- and short-term memory improvement, lower risk of diabetes, boost your metabolism, and there are actually a lot of antioxidants in coffee (more than in some fruits and vegetables!). Drinking coffee in moderation (and without all the added sugars and creamers) can be very beneficial to your health!


Here's what you need:
yields 1 mug iced coffee
1 cup of coffee (as you like it) - I used vanilla almond milk to make it sweeter

1. Make your cup of coffee in a mug you can freeze.

2. Freeze the coffee for 6 hours, mixing it around halfway through.

3. Enjoy!




Resources: http://www.livestrong.com/article/557242-how-drinking-coffee-could-improve-your-health/

No comments:

Post a Comment